So, my computer crashed about three weeks ago, which would partially explain the huge gap between posts. I quickly came to realize just how much I depended on my computer/the internet. It was a little depressing. I was also heart sick about all the pictures I had lost. Word to the wise...back up your photos regularly. I hadn't done it in a about a year. Luckily, I have a superhuman father who knows computers better than anyone! He managed to save our hard drive and even get us up and running again. Thus, I reenter the blogging world after such a long absence. I still can't post any new pictures yet because I need to re-download some software first, so in the mean time...I was tagged....
10 years ago, I was...
Planning what I would wear to my senior prom, preparing for graduation, and gearing up for my freshman year at BYU. I think I'm in denial because it feels like yesterday that I was walking the halls of good ol' Mesa High. Sometimes I swear I still feel 18 at heart. Well, the truth is out, I'm an oldie.
5 things on my to-do list tomorrow...
*Clean my house
*Learn to sew
*Clean my house
*Do my laundry
*Clean my house (I need a little motivation if you can't tell)
4 things I would do if I were a billionaire...
*Furnish and decorate my house....a girl can dream
*pay off our debts
*invest some...kind of mandatory when your husband is a numbers guy...he keeps telling me what a great retirement we'll have
*donate all the rest to the Church
3 bad habits...
*I'm a zit picker; a shameful habit, I know, but I do it without thinking, leaving scars on my face. Nate will tease me and tell me that I look like I've been a fight afterwards.
*I drink Diet Coke like it's a bad habit. If there were an AA equivalent for DC drinkers, I would be in attendance. However, Nate and I have a deal, if I quit "the sauce," we'll use all the money I'll save to buy my a gym membership. I'll let you know how it goes...
*I'm a collector. I have a hard time throwing things away that I know I might need someday, no matter how far away that someday might be.:) I guess that would explain my need to clean my house. However, Nate is a purger, so I like to think we balance each other out in that department.
5 places I have lived...
Logan, UT-I was born to an Aggie
Bountiful, UT-till I was 9
Mesa, AZ-till I left home for College
Provo, UT
Gilbert, AZ
5 jobs I have had...
sales clerk at Zakly's (least favorite job of all time)
summer temp at a mortgage company
assistant to an Admissions counselor at BYU
Office Manager in Housing at BYU
High School English Teacher
6 things most people don't know about me...
*I have a phobia of driving on bridges. When we were in San Diego, crossing over to Coronado, my palms would get sweaty and my heart would beat faster. It sure didn't help things when that bridge collapsed in Minnesota last year.
*I'm obsessed with Hollywood. I check People.com on a daily basis and I know more about the stars than I should. It's people like me that keep the the shameless paparazzi in business.
*Food makes me happy! I love food! I genuinely look forward to going out to eat (preferably without the kiddos). That would explain my need for a gym membership. One of my favorites is Thai food. My local favorite Thai restaurant is a small mom-and-pop shop called the Siam Orchid. Just thinking about it makes me happy. So, if you're ever in the mood...
*My nickname all growing up was Beezer. To this day, I still get called that name on occasion by family members.
*Technically, I never really got a honeymoon. Nate and I took turns being sick right after we were married. Now, when I say right after, I literally mean right after. As I was feeding Nate our wedding cake, he whispered to me, "Better make it a small piece. I'm not feelin' so hot." It pretty much went downhill from there. We were supposed to go to Mazatlan. It's actually a pretty funny story from start to finish. It felt like it was right out of a Ben Stiller movie.
*I write with my left hand, but I do pretty much everything else right-handed (i.e. play sports).
Nothing too exciting, I know, but there you have it.
I tag....Lauren, Tarah, and Iliana
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Isn't that funny, my husband keeps telling me how much money we're going to have for retirement. He thinks about it almost daily I'm convinced. The joy of being married to a numbers geek! I guess I wouldn't know you Becca if it wasn't for good 'ol Uncle Ernie (lots of sarcasm, on the Uncle Ernie part, not on knowing you, I'm glad I know you Becca).
Yay! I've been watching your blog waiting for your next post... (how nerdy is that?!) I'm glad you've got your computer back up and running, I don't know what I'd do without mine! The thought makes me queasy!
I share your "passion" for cleaning the house. I wish I had more motivation for it!
I totally wish that I could send Cameron over to play! That would be fun. Then maybe they could potty train together... maybe it would rub off!!! :-)
I think I knew most of that stuff, except for the bridge thing. Yikes. That explains why I didn't see you much when I lived in Provo, having to go over the tracks...:)I know what you mean by feeling 18 at heart. It's a sad reality that we are pushing 30!
You are super funny!! I can always count on Becca to make me smile! I'm glad your Dad was able to fix your computer. Isn't it sad how dependable we are on computers.
hey becca, just checking out your blog. looks like you guys are all doing well. i can't believe its been ten years either. lucky for me i live in a place where 28 is like having a teenage pregnancy. hope all is well.
Hey bec. Good to know:) Please, the pop is way better than the gym:)
Becca, I love your blog!! This is your cousin Kim. I hope you don't mind that I added a link to your blog on to mine. It is fun to read your stories and see pictures of your family. Your kids are adorable.
Becca, I hope your birthday was great! We need to talk. It's been too long!
I ♥ learning about everybody on these tags...you were such a fun kiddo...I know I sure loved you.
Hey...if you ever talk to Ali Garns...please ask her if I can have an invite...thanks..sugar..Kayola
Post a Comment