Monday, March 3, 2008
How Did I Get So Lucky?
So, after talking to several fellow mothers and hearing their stories, I know that I am lucky when it comes to Soren and his 'big-boy-bed.' It probably goes back to when Soren was in a crib. Never once did he ever attempt to climb out of it. So, when we put him in his bed this past December, I was curious to see what he would do without the bars. I was nervous to see how naps and bedtime would go. Glory be--the transition went well! It started out that he didn't even get out of the bed until Nate or I came to get him. In fact, one morning, Nate found him reaching for his Spiderman, but he didn't think he could quite reach it. As soon as Nate walked in, he said, "I can't reach it. Help me!" Eventually he dared to climb out of the bed, but he will still play quietly in his room until one of us comes to get him. I hope it lasts, at least for a little while longer...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go Soren!! That is awesome. Cameron needs the "bar" on the side of his big boy bed. He rolls around too much! Healso has ventured into our bed a few times now.... you ARE so lucky!!
Yes, you should be a very proud mama! Both Soren and Sofie are adorable and good little kiddos. We love being able to get together with you guys. Let's do it more often!
Nice Becca. Tyler is the same way and STILL doesn't get off his bed until one of us comes to get him. Its wierd and wonderful all at the same time!
That's awesome!! You definately are lucky!!
Is Soren still rockin' out to that car that plays the music? I'm totally gonna try to find one of those so I can rock out with our baby. I hope that all is well for you guys. Totally give us a call when you are in California. Let us know if you need a place to stay. :-)
Post a Comment