It was nice and relaxing, especially after all the hubbub of the holidays. Soren loves the beach. Of course the water was too cold to get in any deeper than our toes, but Soren loved it nonetheless.
So, you don't even have to look too closely at that last picture to notice the boogies running out of Soren's nose. This leads me into the latest at the Theurer household. After an 8 1/2 hour (what should have really been 6) drive home last Friday, Soren and I spent late Friday night at the urgent care only so he could be diagnosed with Pink Eye. Gotta love it! On top of that, he had a whopper of an ear infection that initially went unnoticed because he hasn't had a fever or complained about it at all. Let's just say that it's WWIII every time he needs eye drops (every three hours), and the not-so-pleasant side effects of his antibiotic (diarrhea/diaper rash) have already set in. The poor guy. He really has been a trooper. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy February. I'm tired of being quarantined to the house.P.S. My Christmas decorations are still up. This should give you an idea of the shape I'm in. :)
6 comments:
Hey Becca! I noticed that you had a blog on an email that grandpa sent to my dad. So cute!
I totally know where you are coming from on this one. Cameron had the EXACT same thing the first of this month. I don't know why they give eye drops for toddlers--it's nearly impossible to dispense liquid into their little eyes! Cameron would kick and scream, so sad! Cam just finished his antibiotic yesterday (HOORAY!!)--Hopefully diaper rash will clear up soon.
I hope Soren is feeling better soon!
I'm not sure who I feel worse for...you or Soren! Next time we are both having "one of those days", we should just sit in our jammies and practice our Guitar Hero. So...call me! :)
I feel so bad for you guys. That is no fun at all. Lucy woke up with green crusties all around her eye and her eye was getting pink so I squirted breast milk in there and she was good as new (I know, very strange, but people swear by it). It would probably be even stranger to do that to Soren. It seems like I haven't seen you for a long time. Maybe when everyone is well, we can all get together for game night or something.
I hate sick days with toddlers, and giving medicine to them is even worse. Jay's been on antibiotics for an ear infection and I have to bribe him with candy to take it. What we resort to as parents!?! Anyhow your trip to the beach looked like a fun time!!
I am SO jealous of the beach. It is beautiful. What an amazing thing to wake up to. Hopefully Soren is feeling better now?!?!? You are a survivor (and Soren).
The beach looks beautiful! Sorry about the illnesses. Holland's finally finishing up an ear infeciton that followed a 6 day bout of diarrhea and vomiting. It can really seem endless at times, can't it?!
Post a Comment