Thursday, January 3, 2008

Holiday Recap, Part 1

Long time, no post. I realize that it's been a while since my last post. The holidays are a crazy time, and when you're sick they are even crazier than anticipated. However, I am somewhat relieved to report that the sickness that befell my family and all our house guests skipped over myself and Sofie. Thankfully we were all feeling somewhat ourselves when Christmas Day arrived and we had a nice one at that. This year was the first time that Soren really go into opening presents. It took him a while to warm up, however. The morning started by Soren handing me each one of his presents and asking me to "open-nen it for me". (It seems that now several of his words come with an extra syllable.) By the end, he was opening them himself, casting each present aside, and asking for another. We got started on the festivities a little late because we spent the morning talking on the phone with Nate's brother and sister who are both serving missions in Brazil. By the time we finally got around to opening presents, it was close to Soren's naptime. So, you can imagine what a hardship it was for Soren to put down his new toys and take a nap. The look on his face in the following picture says it all.

I think he finally conceded when we told him he could take his new Spider Man to bed with him. By the way, I have come to the conclusion that each Christmas will now most likely be categorized based on the most predominant theme running trough his presents. This Christmas was a Spider Man Christmas. Perhaps next year we can better teach him the true meaning of Christmas. :) We got off to a bumpy start, but a good time was had by all. Thank you to everyone who brought by yummy treats. I'm pretty sure I ate most of them without any help. I'm sorry I did not make the rounds myself. I thought better of it when "The Sickness" took over my household. Hopefully I can get you all on the next big holiday. Stay tuned for a few more of the highlights.

7 comments:

Iliana said...

Well that just stinks. I hate it when everyone is sick... especailly during the holidays. But, it seems like Soren had fun anyway! You may want to not expect anything but "themed" Christmas' for a while. I tried real hard this year with Tyler to make it about Jesus and giving, but alas, it was a Cars Christmas AGAIN!

Lauren said...

Seriously being sick on Christmas is no fun- I don't know what's worse the flu or a cold? I can't wait for Christmas with kids :)

Stephanie said...

I love your blog entries! That is horrible that everyone got sick but I am glad that you and Sofie were spared. Soren is so stinkin' cute and I am in love with that picture of Sofie. Too cute!

Marnie said...

Bec, Soren looks a lot like Ivan in that top picture (not that I've seen Ivan in about 10 years). And Sophie is so Nate. I'm sorry your household was sick. That totally stinks.

Amanda said...

SO glad to see a picture of Sophie. What a doll. Glad you had a good Christmas too. Christmas is fun again now that kids can enjoy it.

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Becca - I love the pictures of your cute family. I'm sorry that everyone got sick, that always seems to be the lot around Christmas time. I'm glad you had a good Christmas!

Don and Lanece Ballif said...

Very cute Grandkids!