Monday, December 17, 2007

A-ning-a-no No More

My sweet little boy is growing up. It's hard to admit, but some of the sweetness is being buried by the "terrible twos". Despite the impression that he might give to everyone as of late, I promise you his sweetness is still in there. It breaks my heart to think that he might give anyone the impression that he is anything else other than sweet. I am also sad to report that a lot of his Soren-isms are disappearing as he gets a better grasp of the English language. Here are just a few to give you an example:

Soren: a-ning-a-no (my personal favorite)
AKA: another

Soren: Lucky Arms
AKA: Lucky Charms

Soren: soda pop-pop
AKA: soda pop

Soren: hos pu-tul-pu-tul-pu-tul-pu-tul
AKA: hospital

Soren: coco
AKA: Chocolate Milk

I also have to admit that I think my son is a pretty bright kid. I know all parents inevitably say this about their offspring, but I really think mine is a smart little whip. He knows his colors, his letters, and he can now count to ten if he's in a cooperative mood. However, it has never occured to him that if he pushes a chair across the floor to the kitchen counter or even the pantry, he will have access to things that are otherwise off limits....until now that is.


I fear this is only the beginning of more mischievousness to come.

5 comments:

The Huish House said...

His "terrible two's" will never stop me from loving his cute face. I really wish I could just take him home with me. He is just so funny.

Drew and Tarah said...

We LOVE him!!! I'm going to miss "a-ning-a-no" too!! How sad!!

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

I love your comments! Kids are the best and it is amazing how smart they are. Jay can count to ten too, but he thinks it is funny to mess up and count 2,4,9. He'll laugh and then get it right. Oh be glad he's just figured out the chair thing. Jay figured that one out a while ago...trouble!! Love the new pictures, he's adorable!

Marnie said...

Becca, your little boy is growing up! I love the cute little things kids say. Good job writing them down so you can remember them forever.

Lauren said...

Yea and update!!! I love the cute things sore says!